Kelly at Running on Lazy nominated me for this, so thanks!
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
- My best talent is that I can name all fifty states in alphabetical order in under a minute. You’d be surprised at how useful this is.
- I wanted to be an actress when I grew up. I took youth drama classes, and some of the kids that I’ve been in plays with have actually been on TV shows. Too bad I got into computers.
- I wanted to be a novelist too, and I still occasionally jot down book ideas, though I never actually write anymore.
- I spent most of my freshman year of college playing The Sims and making skins (outfits) for people to download on my fansite.
- Speaking of fansites, I created my first when I was 14: an Alanis Morissette site on Geocities. It was pretty popular (for 1996) and got published in a list of fansites in an Alanis unauthorized biography (which I still have a copy of).
- But my real geekery goes back to my kindergarten days: there exists several BASIC programs that I wrote when I was 6 on our Commodore 64.
- I was a very picky eater as a child (okay, I still kind of am). I didn’t even like pasta (aka, 90% of what I now eat) until my mid-20s.
- I don’t watch much TV, but “Project Runway” is my guilty pleasure show. (Well, I guess you could count “The Bachelor/Bachelorette” as well, but I watch that mainly to make fun of it. I actually enjoy “Project Runway”.)
- I stopped drinking caffeinated beverages my senior year of high school. I will occasionally have a coffee or a soda now and then, but they aren’t a regular part of my diet. (And caffeine makes me go crazy since I rarely have it!)
- I love cake, and I love ice cream, but I don’t like ice cream cake.
- My biggest pet peeve is people who say they will do something and then don’t. Drives. Me. Crazy.
- What would you rather have: a bear-sized cat or a cat-sized bear?
I would rather have a bear-sized cat. As long as it was a friendly cat. Think of the cuddles!
- Favorite season and why?
My favorite season has always been summer because I love warm weather and hate the cold. However, since I started running, I’m slowly becoming more of spring/autumn fan (although they don’t last long around here…it seems like we go directly from winter to summer and back to winter).
- How many pairs of running shoes do you own?
Uhh, six? I think. I really only ever run in two pairs currently, though I think I need to buy a new long run shoe before my next half training starts.
- What’s the one U.S. state you desperately want to visit?
California! I’ve never been, and there’s so many cool cities and things to check out there.
- Following that, what’s the one U.S. state you never want to visit?
I have no pressing desire to visit Montana. Sorry, Montana.
- Favorite genre of music?
I guess indie rock.
- How often do you clean your house?
Not often enough! I never feel like it during the week when I’ve been at work all day, and then I’m never home on weekends, so it happens maybe twice a year. Never, ever, ever stop by my house unexpected.
- What is the one accessory you could not live without?
Whatever my current favorite pair of sunglasses is. It used to be my red sunglasses, which I have gone through two pairs of (the last pair got stolen by the ocean last week, so I’m about to be on pair three). After the first pair broke, I bought some polka dot sunglasses, which are currently my favorite.
- What is your worst vice?
I can be seriously lazy. (See above answer about cleaning my house.)
- Are you a procrastinator or get it done now..er?
Definitely a procrastinator, though it depends on what it is. I like making lists and marking things off of them, so I can be a real go-getter if there’s a list in front of me.
- What store can you not leave without buying something?
I would say Anthropologie, but I think I have actually left without buying something ONCE. So I’ll go with Target.
This isn’t eleven and I have no idea how many subscribers some of them have, but these are all great blogs!
- Slow Mo Mother Runner
- Runny Legs, Burnt Toast
- Diary of a Slow Runner
- Twenty Six Point Two
- Leanne and the Half Marathon
- Pink Elephant on Parade
- What’s the best vacation you have been on?
- What was the first concert you attended?
- What’s your favorite pizza topping?
- What is your favorite race you’ve ran?
- Do you have any pets?
- When did you start blogging?
- What was your favorite movie when you were a kid?
- Do you still watch it?
- If you had to live somewhere other than where you currently do, where would you move?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- When did you start calling yourself a runner?